- 8 oz of semiseweet baking chocolate
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup) (Melt over low heat)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cream (or half and half)
- semisweet chocolate chips
Wisk together eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon until nice and mixed.
Cook mix in a preheated oven at 375 degrees in two 8 inch round pands with wax paper on the bottom for 30 minutes and stiff crust forms on top. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert cake pans on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove pans, let layers cool completely.
While cake is working, heat cream over low heat, add chocolate chips and stir until creamy and delightful. Then let cool to room temp. Use to frost cake.