- 1/2 pkg. Pepperidge FarmŽ Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 tbsp. butter OR Margarine
- 3 cups mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil OR basil, crushed
- goat cheese (optional)
THAW pastry sheet at room temperature 40 min. Preheat oven to 400°F.
HEAT butter in skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook until tender and liquid evaporates. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and basil.
UNFOLD pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll into 15" x 12" rectangle. Cut into 20 (3") squares. Press squares into bottoms of 20 (1 1/2") mini muffin-pan cups. Place about 1 tbsp. filling in center of each.
BAKE 15 min. or until golden. Garnish with additional fresh basil. Makes 20 appetizers.